Saturday, August 2, 2008

Found Treasures



As I'm new to the area I have to "Mapquest" pretty much every where I go. I arrived at my destination to find a Salvation Army across the street. I was so excited I could hardly wait to finish up my errand so I could go explore the store! Some might think I'm silly to get so excited about such a place but I think they may not realize the treasures that are inside.
I am always happy to find one simple treasure but was fortunate to find two! I have a new found admiration for Sterling Silver and have found some great pieces in the past at the flea market. This little pedestal dish was $4 & has found a home in my bathroom for my yummy French Soaps!
The little dish with the birds is adorable! I couldn't believe it was $1! I have decided to place it atop my antique dresser (had belonged to my father and has the most beautiful mirror ever!) & use it for some of my hoop earrings.
These are the little things that just make my day! I think Sunday may be a good day to explore the local Flea Market...I can only imagine the treasures waiting for me there.
Enjoying my weekend,
Jacqueline

No comments: